Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ramble On - Jan. 25

When You're Young- 3 Doors Down - (video is not out yet, but you can listen to the song on the band's Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/#!/3DoorsDown)

It's been awhile since we've heard any new music from 3 Doors Down, and I wish I could say I was more pleased with"When You're Young." The song is the first single from their upcoming album, "Time of My Life," set to be released this April. It leads me think along the lines of the whole "It gets better" theme that a lot of artists are producing songs about lately, and that's cool and all, but the lyrics are so teenage-angsty that it seems weird coming from the far-from teenage band. Overall, though, the song isn't bad. It's catchy and I'm sure that it will be getting intense radio play soon (so you'll have no choice but to like it then). 




The Day I Tried to Live- Soundgarden -- This one goes all the way back to 1994 (old school, right?) but is still pretty great today. The video is all 90's and grungy, and actually pretty creepy, so if it's too much, minimize the screen and just listen to the voice that is uniquely Chris Cornell. Because you know that you agree with this Twitter post from Sevendust guitarist Clint Lowery: "If I could sing like Chris Cornell I'd order Mcdonalds singing his melodies and in all high notes." I know I would. 





Faithfully- Journey -- Take two seconds and forget about the currently inescapable "Don't Stop Believing," and fall in love with this Journey song. My text ringtone and what would probably be me and the boy's 'song' if it wasn't so dang cliche, I just love the words and the video, not to mention that wonderful Steve Perry. Watching this awesome (in a so very staged way) video makes my little head image my dream future...ahhhhh. "Lovin' a music man ain't always what it's supposed to be, Oh girl, you stand by me, I'm forever yours, Faithfully" ♥ 
 

 

Caught Up In You- 38 Special-- Whenever I'm daydreaming and thinking about what the soundtrack of my life would be,  I always hear this song playing in the background of a "happy relationship/date" scene, not terribly unlike this video. But seriously, could this video be anymore 80's? Terrible perms, ridiculous clothes, gold chains....and that's just the band! Amazing. Just one more reason I wish I was born just a few years earlier. 38 Special, I am so caught up in you and this song (but not the creepy arm wrestlers in the video, though that may be what I look like at the end of p90x). 





All Over You- Live -- My last song on this very mellow playlist, Live brings us back to the 90's with one more love song for the day. Singer Ed Kowalczyk has such an unusual voice, making this song unexpectedly beautiful yet upbeat. It is quite simple, but really enjoyable, and one of my favorite Live songs.








♥ enjoy ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment