Monday, January 24, 2011

"it's time to ramble on"

after a dear friend told me that she actually checks out the music that i post links to on facebook, i decided to take my sharing of music to the next level (and really it was such an obvious level that i can't believe i didn't think of it sooner). honestly, what better place for me to share music than my music blog? so, starting today, i will feature 3-5 of my "songs of the day" along with a bit of my insights and opinions. the songs will come from what i've been struck by on the radio that morning, from what pandora thinks i should be struck by while at work, and whatever else is currently playing in my head. 

so, without further ado, here are today's songs of the day. i hope you enjoy <3 


 
Ramble On- Led Zeppelin -- Since this song is the originator of the title of this feature, what better way to start out my list than this. Such a great song. And, just by listening to Zeppelin, your cool rating jumps up 10 points.   



                                                                                                                                  Buckcherry- Lit Up -- The first Buckcherry song that I can remember listening to, this one holds a special little place in my heart.  Even though I don't "love the cocain," I do still love this song. Listen to it and try not to smile and wanna dance around- I dare you. 



Animal- Def Leppard -- This video (and now song after watching the video) is guaranteed to make you want to grow out your mullet or join the circus (or heck, maybe both). I'm not sure why I am so fond of Def Leppard. Maybe it's because every rock radio station that I have access to is stuck in the 80's and has conditioned me to like them (You know you have memorized all the words to "Pour Some Sugar On Me," don't even try to lie.) Or maybe it's just good music. We may never know.




                                                                                                                    December- Collective Soul -- I might as well throw in a song from the 90's if I'm covering every other decade, and what better song than this one? "Don't think about it," just listen to it and love it. (Btw, sorry about the video, but I couldn't get the official one to post.)  
Isolation- Alter Bridge -- Myles Kennedy is a bad, bad man, and combine him with Mark Tremonti and the rest of Alter Bridge, you can't get anything less than amazing. "Isolation" is the first single released off of ABIII, and if it is any indication of the rest of the album, it's a must have.

hope you enjoyed the music and heard something you liked. if not, try again tomorrow :)
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment