Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ramble On - Jan. 27







Walk- Pantera-  Avenged Sevenfold Cover -- I'm not the biggest Pantera fan, but I do really love a few of their songs, especially this one. And though it's been covered by millions of bands, from those practicing in garages to huge festival stages, this may be my favorite version that I've found. It is from Avenged Sevenfold at Rock am Ring (an enormous outdoor show in Germany) and in honor of seeing them tomorrow night, I thought I would share it with you. It's got some language nsfw (but it is a Pantera song sang by A7X, so that's to be expected).





Pop Evil- Last Man Standing --This is my "new" song of the day (even though it has apparently been out since October and I just heard it for the first time this week). I have to say that I don't love it. I was a big fan of "100 in a 55" and liked "Hero," but this song just doesn't do it for me. In a way it feels like it was made specifically with hopes of UFC or NASCAR using it, and in all likelihood, it probably was. But if you're looking for a good pump-up workout song, this one may be it. You just won't be finding it on repeat on my ipod other than when I'm working on my fitness.






Keep On Loving You- REO Speedwagon -- I have a ridiculous obsession with music from the 80's, especially gooey love songs. This song is up there on my list of favorites (and yes, it is my ringtone, thank you very much). I don't even know how it's possible to go from Pantera to REO Speedwagon on this list, but that's how my mind works. This song just makes me happy, especially the chorus. Don't try and lie, you like it too. I bet you'll be singing it to yourself for at least the next hour.    


No comments:

Post a Comment