Monday, August 20, 2012

“I think that I may be the voice of my generation. Or at least a voice. Of a generation."

Somedays, I wake up as a little ray of sunshine. Other days (most days, actually), I'm quite the opposite. Today I am far more overcast than sunny. That's probably because I slept less than four hours last night since I did nothing but nap yesterday and then wasn't sleepy when it was actual sleep time, and also because I became completely addicted to the HBO show "Girls" and I had to watch the entire first season before I could make myself go to bed.

If you are a twenty-something girl and haven't watched this show, then I don't know what you've been doing with your life. You HAVE to watch it,  ASAP. I'm serious- it's wonderful. It's a reminder of the fact that not everyone my age has it all together (though they may make it look that way on Facebook) and that it's kinda ok to be neurotic and uptight and extremely awkward, all at the same time. There are times when I think I'm the only one of my friends that feels that way, and it's comforting to know that there are other girls out there that I can relate my weird, anal, sometimes crazy tendencies to.

If you need more convincing, look at some of the quotes on this tumblr page that I found.
I keep falling in love all over again just reading them.
 
Watching it last night made me feel a little better about the current state of turmoil in my life that just seems to keep escalating as the small percentage of things that I though I had somewhat of a grasp on are now slipping through my hands. I'm homeless in 10 days, unemployed in 40, and completely incapable of making any decision more difficult than what flavor of ice cream I should buy and eat in one sitting. (Well, two sittings if you count me starting to eat it in my car, with no spoon, as soon as I walked out of the grocery. And by walked, I mean hobbled, as I think I have gotten some sort of infection/flesh eating disease/lockjaw/random other 18th century malady in my foot that will likely result in me loosing the entire left side of my body. Bright side: I will lose so much weight if they have to cut off half my body! My left hip is totally fatter than my right, so I'm actually pretty lucky it's worked out this way.) 


That little rambling segues perfectly into one of my favorite Marnie quotes from "Girls" that is something I think on a daily basis: 

  
I couldn't have said it better myself.
And they say these are our best years. That's awesome, because I just don't think I could handle it if things got any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment