Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Lunchtime Ramblings

Guess what! I've figured out my life! Everything is all working out perfectly and I just can't wait to start the next phase of being a grown up!

i have creepily long fingers...eww.
Just kidding. Did you really believe me? Ha! You clearly don't know me at all. Actually, the big events in my life have been going like this: last night for supper I ate my body weight in cake batter muddy buddies and sugar free amp and I have a cheetah print accent nail, a la teenager. My new career explorations have shifted from anything reasonable and sensible to moving to Austin, Texas (somewhere I have never been, mind you, but live music capital of the world, ya'll!) and doing something, unbeknownst to me at the moment. I;m also looking for a job as a nanny or au pair for a super rich family who will pay me lots of money to play with their kids all day. Clearly, I've got my affairs in order. Maybe it's due to my near death experience the other day at the pet store:

That is real fear in my eyes. Look at its beak, open and ready to eat my face.

For real though, I am now certain of two things:
1. Liquid eyeliner is pretty much 1000x's more amazing than the pencil kind, if only you are talented enough to get it on the outside of your eye and not INSIDE- because that hurts like a mother and looks really, really gross.
2.Using  coconut oil as a deep conditioner may be the greatest idea I have ever found on Pinterest. For reals, ya'll, I greased up my mop the other night with a crap-ton of coconut oil that I got at the wal-marts, put on a shower cap, and hair driered it for 15min. (For a while I considered throwing some shrimp in there, just to maximize my time and my coconut oil, because there was seriously enough to fry up a batch.)  After I washed away all the greasy goodness and dried and straightened my hair, I was amazed.  It is seriously the softest and shiniest it has been in soooooo long. I murder my naturally curly hair on a daily basis with the curling iron and/or straightener, and it is in deep need of some tlc. The coconut oil did what no other product (and trust me, I've spent a lottttt of money on trying out different products) has done. And it was less than $10. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times: Thank God for Pinterest.

liquid eyeliners and super soft, shiny hairs...


And finally, the song I can't quit listening to today:

Ball Park Music-- It's Nice To Be Alive



This song was recommended to me by a very sweet boy who said he thought of me when he heard it, though he will likely a)hate the fact that i said he was sweet and/or b)never know of my calling him the "s" word because he'll probably never read my blog again, or at least not make it past all the girly makeup & hair & nail ramblings to even get to this part if he does start to read it. But oh well. If you do see this, thanks again. It did, in fact, make me feel better. 

 "Don’t stress, That’s dumb
I’m here, and it’s nice to be alive
Chill out, It’s alright, kiss me,
It’s nice to be alive"

Those are really the only lyrics that make a bit of sense in the song, but they're enough. The music is upbeat and happy, the video makes me smile, and those words are just what I need to remember. Everything is going to be just fine. I know this. I'm wasting my time stressing about it. I have a guaranteed job for the foreseeable future, and I have plenty of time to explore a world of opportunities that are available to me. Telling myself this as I listen to this song is as comforting as a nice chest-pat (which is, actually, a bit comforting once you get over the initial shock of someone beating on your collar bone. Ok, not really, but it's the thought that counts.)


This all reminds me of one of my most favorite quotes from one of my most favorite books:     

"Breathe. And just appreciate, for a moment, the freedom in this chaos"
                                                                            -Dexter, This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen


No comments:

Post a Comment