Friday, August 31, 2012

Ramble On: August 31 -- I'm "Hard to Love"

I heard this song last night, and I really, really like it. (I don't know what's got me on this country kick, but I've definitely been all about it lately.)

Lee Brice-- Hard to Love




This song reminds me so much of myself. I'm probably the most difficult person that I know, which definitely makes me less than easy to love. I'm stubborn to a fault, and easily the most independent girl that I know. I don't have to look to hard to figure out why I'm this way--I come by it honestly.  My Grandma Bulah was the only lady I've ever known who was more stubborn and independent than I am (which probably just means that as I get older it's only going to get worse!) but I love that I got that from her.

It's hard missing someone as much as I miss her, but it is easier when I realize that I have so much of her in me. The characteristics and qualities that I inherited from her are the ones I cherish the most and am the most proud of. If you would have told me a few years back that this is where my life was going to be now, I'd probably have laughed in your face. I used to have every step of my life planned out, at least two years in advance.  Now, I know my situation until the end of September. Then, who knows. The path I had expected to be on is miles from the path I've actually chosen. But I'm making it work. I'm progressing on the thesis (so please, quit asking me about it!), I've got a job that I am so lucky to be able to keep as I try and finish things up, and a place to live with the best, nicest, overall greatest friend that I have ever had (who I know doesn't read blogs but just in case, thanks for the millionth time and I love you to the moon and back C.A.T.!!!). 
  

Look at that blonde haired, fat faced little pumpkin!

 I may be hard to love, but I'm so lucky that you all choose to put up with me. I am blessed. "I don't deserve it but I love that you love me."

No comments:

Post a Comment