Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Ramble On-- February 12 - with update

The Lone Bellow-- You Never Need Nobody




I am currently obsessed with The Lone Bellow. I found them a couple of weeks ago when their album came out, but my obsession has only deepened since (and interesting people noticing my liking them only intensifies my obsession. also, how many times can i use a form of obsession in one long, run on sentence? too many already).

They absolutely blow me away, this song especially. Listen to the whole thing. The harmonies are epic and it everything about it is beautiful. And my phone is going to die so I'm trying to be quick but seriously you should check them out. The entire album is perfection. 


2-17 UPDATE: Two more Lone Bellow songs that your life won't be complete without hearing.

 
The Lone Bellow-- Green Eyes and a Heart of Gold




Do I like this song mainly because I pretend that it's about me? Maybe. But, listen, us green eyed girls don't get that many songs written about us. And obvs I have just the biggest heart of gold. So it must be about me, right?

About me or not, it's an awesome song and I highly recommend it. 

This video is kinda weird and doesn't actually fit the song at all, other than the coincidence of the Packer's colors being green and gold. I may or may not have watched the whole thing, though, in hopes of a Clay Matthews spotting...


The Lone Bellow-- Fire Red Horse 


I will admit, this song wasn't one of my favorites from until it was the alarm sound that woke me up this morning. Maybe it's because of my hatred of horses... Anyway, now I can't stop listening to it as I try really hard not to fall into my normal post-tour coma that shall last approximately a week. I'm in deep need of hibernation, and this song may just be the perfect thing to take me there.

I couldn't find a video for this song, but I made a Spotify playlist with all the songs from this post, so you can check it out here:



No comments:

Post a Comment