Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ramble On-- February 21

New Music Tuesday Wednesday Thursday

I've been trying to more actively seek out music on my own these days, as part of a growth/self preservation kinda thing (which likely makes no sense to you, I apologize). Every Tuesday, or nearest day thereafter that I get around to it, I've been scouring the list of newly released albums and listening to every.single.album. Well, at least a song from each. I've found some great stuff this way (The Lone Bellow, for example). This week, I found some pretty great stuff. A lot of these songs don't have YouTube videos yet, so I made a Spotify playlist that you can use instead to listen. The songs are as random and unrelated as could possibly be, but how else would you describe my musical taste these days?

 My Top Picks:












Puscifer-- Dear Brother

I love A Perfect Circle and Tool, but never really came around to Maynard James Keenan's other band, Puscifer, until this latest release. Donkey Punch the Night (oh yes, that is the real album name) is still a little too much for me, but there is one gem I found- and no, it isn't their cover of "Bohemian Rhapsody",  though it is worth checking out.   "Dear Brother" is a little techno, little industrial, I don't even know the way to describe this type of music. The only thing I know is that I like it. Crazy old Maynard has made me a Puscifer fan after all.

Bladzun -- Heavy Flowers

It's like it mesmerozies me into a happy, sleepy place. Do these instruments even fit together? Are there angels singing to me? Or some band of sirens trying to lead me to some untimely death? I don't know but I cant. stop. listening.

Rival Sons -- Run from the Revelation

I can say pretty easily that this is my favorite new band that I discovered this week. A little bit of blues, a little bit of Zeppelin, a whole lot of awesome.


Other Mentionables 

Great Divide -- Meet Her in the Morning

Coheed and Cambria -- The Hard Sell
 
Country Mice -- What You've Done

Bobby Long -- My Parade   

Atlas Genius -- "All These Girls" 

Local Natives -- "You and I"

No comments:

Post a Comment