Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ramble On--Songs About Rain

As I lie in my bed and listen to the rain bouncing off of the roof, I can't sleep. Too many thoughts in my head about what the future holds, too many don't forgets and what ifs. So I turn to music to lull me to sleep. If you're restless tonight, too, push play and close your eyes. Maybe we'll meet in our dreams.


Ron Pope-- A Drop in the Ocean



"I don't want to waste the weekend, If you don't love me, pretend."

This song. Simply beautiful. So much emotion.

Creed--Rain



"A thousand times before, I've wondered if there's something more"

(I really hope some of my FOTF boys see this one--finally I get to make my Creed joke! Haha. But seriously, I'm so proud of y'all. May the power of Creed's past take you far 😉)

This may be my favorite Creed song. Love the lyrics. And, of course, Mark Tremonti.

James Blunt--Tears and Rain



Dorian Gray reference. Enough to impress me. Plus, it's a really good song. I'm not the biggest James Blunt fan, but I really enjoy this song.

Jon Heintz-- Rain



I'd never heard of Jon Heintz until i found this song, but it mesmerized me. It is so sad, but there is a melancholy beauty to it that's inescapable.

Led Zeppelin--The Rain Song



Jimmy Page. Robert Plant. A damn orchestra. If this doesn't sadly serenade you off to sleep, it may be time to hit the Niquil.

Eurythmics -- Here Comes the Rain Again

Saw this song as I was searching for songs about rain and though it doesn't really fit the stripped down, slow sad song theme, I had to include, basically just because it made me remember the fabulous (sarcasm) documentary I watched on Dave Stewart.

The Who--Reign O'er Me



I had to throw this one in here too. Obviously, it's a different kind of rain in the title, but it's still probably my favorite Who song and has been stuck in my head for days.

No comments:

Post a Comment