Wednesday, November 7, 2012

tour blog: day 1

So, you guys may or may not know that I just went out for a few days with a band from Lexington as their merch girl (aka, the girl who sells the band's shirts and stuff). And mostly for the purpose of helping me remember what I hope was my first of many experiences on the road, I want to share a collection of my pictures, tweets, status updates and otherwise unshared memories so that one day when I forget about what I want to remember, I can read and see it here (and with this stellar memory of mine, that day may be tomorrow). So, day-by-day, here's a little about one of the most crazy exciting experiences of my life. 

 
Day 1:  October 26
The Full Bull Saloon
Watseka, Illinois




Tweet from the first gas station stop:






"I'm going to buy awkward gas 
station stuff from every state. 
First up, Indiana back scratcher. 
Score." -

(I didn't actually follow through with this, but I really should have.)








As we drove through basically the entire state of Indiana, I figured out a piece of very vital information to my life:
Turns out I'm terrified of windmills. Who knew. -



I had a goal of taking a pic of the show flier each night. I failed, but here's the first one.


"About to use all I was forced to learn when Nicholas made me work the Chasing Layne merch table" — at The Full Bull Smokehouse Saloon. October 26 at 8:44pm via mobile

My first official (paying!) merch night
"This accent sells shirts. Thank you Monroe County."

ok, maybe a more than a little, but still...from the very first night, these "northerners" treated me like a zoo creature after they heard me speak. I can't count the number of times I was asked, "Where are you from?" or told by some silly boy to say things just so they could laugh at my pronunciations. And when that happened you better believe I turned on my southern belle as much as I could- my drawl bordered on incomprehensible, hand went on the hip, I smiled my sweetest smile, leaned in to listen and was bubblier than 10 bottles of champagne. It didn't always sell stuff, but it was a strangely powerful feeling that was addictive. Clearly my southern powers are wasted in Kentucky.   



No comments:

Post a Comment