Wednesday, November 7, 2012

tour blog: day 2

Day 2:  October 27
The 13th Step
 Waterloo, Iowa



It's been so long since I've been spent extensive amounts of time with a group of offensive long haired band boys. I've seriously missed it. 



So the first night's venue was, um, less than what I had expected it to be. It really made me think of what it would be like if Tompkinsville was wet and had a bar....yeah, that kinda classy joint. But the people were really nice and they had pretty good food that they gave to us, so it was far from terrible.

The next night was pretty different. It was a legit biker bar. Which was AWESOME! I love me some Sons of Anarchy, and I swear, I felt like I was in the middle of an episode. 


I may die here tonight, but If I do I'll at least live out my Sons of Anarchy dreams. #callmeGemma


When we first walked in, I saw this, and I was 1/2 shocked, 1/2 thrilled. Shocked because there was a small child sitting at a bar, thrilled because it gave me the opportunity to quote the movie Sweet Home Alabama. 

  
"You have a baby. In a bar."



Just a piece of advice-when you're buying shots for the band, don't forget the merch girl. She gets thirsty too. 11:59 PM - 27 Oct 12






 It was such a fun night- I made friends with two old biker dudes, one who was from Mississippi or Alabama (I can't remember which) at whom I reversed the accent-marveling.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment